TouchWiz UI is now ready to mix with the Lollipop flavor and those of you who love Samsung's UI can now update your Sprint Galaxy S5 to official Android 5.0 Lollipop. This guide will show you how to flash the new firmware by using Odin. This method is for the people who have rooted their phone and are not able to download the update through Samsung's built-in Software Update tool.
DisclaimerThe author of this post will not be responsible if you brick, damage or lose important data from your phone. Follow the instructions at your own risk!
- You need to have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Download them from here.
- It is recommended that you have at least 80% battery so that the flashing process cannot be interrupted.
- Odin 3.10.06. Download from here.
- Official Android 5.0 firmware. Download from here.
Updating Galaxy S5 to official Lollipop
- Extract the Odin and firmware zip files on your computer.
- Power off your Sprint Galaxy S5.
- Begin holding the Home + Power + Volume down buttons (this will boot your S5 into Download mode)
- Connect your phone to your computer using your USB cable
- Run the Odin program. It is recommended that you right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Click on 'AP' and browse to the extracted firmware folder.
- In the extracted folder there should be a file with the extension '.tar.md5'.
- Choose the .tar.md5 file and wait for Odin to calculate MD5.
- In your 'Options' tab, make sure that the only options checked are 'Auto reboot' and 'F. Reset Time' (Do not enable anything else!)
- Now that everything is set, you may click on 'Start'