This particular feature could already be available on some AOSP roms such as AOKP, MoKee ROM and some others. Of course, not every aftermarket AOSP based ROM has this so that is why you would need to install a module. According to the developer, this feature has been extracted from the popular GravityBox module which offers a vast choice of customization options.
DisclaimerThis is not guaranteed to work on any Android device and rom so please keep in mind that things could go wrong. The author of this post will not be liable for any damages caused to your device. Do this at your own risk!
Installing the Xposed Framework
- You first need to install the Xposed Framework so download the installer apk file to your phone or external storage.
- Install it and run it.
- Now go to Framework and read the warning/disclaimer if you wish.
- Tap on Install/Update and wait for the installation to be complete.
- Once the installation is done, tap on the option to reboot your phone.
Installing the module
- Once you have succesfully installed the Xposed framework, it is time you install the module.
- Now install the Recent Tasks RAM apk file and tap on Done when it has finished installing.
- Now you need to activate it. You can either check your notification screen for a message with a button telling you to activate and reboot or run the Xposed Installer app then go to Modules, tap the checkbox next to its name and then manually reboot your phone.
- Now open up your Task Manager screen and see if you have a meter below your status bar. If you see one, then you have installed it succesfully. If not, then there may be a compability issue with your ROM.