If you would like to root your Galaxy Ace 2 which is now running Jelly Bean, this post will show you how. In this post we will be using a root package made by Shaaan from xda-developers forums. The procedure takes just a few minutes and is not difficult to do at all.
- You must have the Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer in order to establish a connection.
- You must enable USB Debugging on your phone. (Go to Settings > Applications -> Development -> Enable USB Debugging)
- Download the rooting package for the Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - here
- Be sure to have a backup of your important data as anything could happen!
Disclaimer:Rooting voids your warranty! AndroidJunkie will not be held responsible for any damages caused to your device by following this tutorial. Perform these steps at your own risk!
Rooting Galaxy Ace 2 I8160
- Connect your Galaxy Ace 2 to your computer and transfer the root.zip file that you downloaded from above.
- After the transferring is complete, switch off your phone.
- Now begin holding the Volume up + Home + Power buttons together.
- You should now be in Recovery mode. To navigate, use Volume up and Volume down to navigate up/down and press the Power button to make a choice.
- Now select apply update from external storage then locate the root.zip file and select it by pressing the Power button.
- After the process is complete, go back to the main menu and select reboot system now.