For those of you who are interested in having full control of your phone and maybe even flash custom roms, this post will guide you on how to root it and then install CWM Recovery.
Disclaimer:Rooting your phone will void your warranty! AndroidJunkie will not be held responsible for any damages caused to your device by following this tutorial. Perform these steps at your own risk!
- Be sure to have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer - Download USB Drivers
- Download the Odin 1.85 program to your computer - Click here.
- Download the Root.zip file to your computer and extract it - Click here.
- Download the CWM .tar.md5 file to your computer - Click here.
- Be sure to have some battery juice on your phone because if it shuts off during the process, something might go wrong.
- Be sure to create a backup of your important data as in this guide we will be wiping it.
Rooting Galaxy Mini 2 S6500
- Switch off your phone.
- Now hold the Volume down + Power + Home buttons together to boot into Download mode and press the Volume up button to have it say "Downloading...".
- Now connect your phone to your computer and start the Odin 1.85 program. One of the ID:COM boxes should turn yellow, recognizing your phone. In case your phone is not being detected, install the Samsung USB Drivers, reboot your computer and try again.
- Now click on the PDA button and choose the clockworkmod-184.108.40.206.tar.md5 file
- Now click on Start and the process should begin.
- After the installation is complete, your phone should reboot.
- After your phone start up, switch it off again and boot into Recovery mode by holding Volume up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Now on your computer, open the folder where you extracted the contensts from the Root.zip file and start the RunMe.bat file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the process to finish.
- Once it is done, choose reboot system now by pressing the Home button on your phone while you are in Recovery mode and your phone will reboot.