Today I came across this neat CyanogenMod10.1 custom ROM for the Prestigio Multipad 7 Pro DUO developed by a team called Crew RKTablets which not only is based off Android 4.2.2, but it also has some of your favorite skins included! These guys mod RK based tablets and offer a wide choice of custom roms and kernels on their website, so the PMP5570C is not the only lucky tablet to be able to get such custom rom.
For the Sense skin lovers, you also have that included in the rom.
- Based off Android 4.2.2
- EXT4 System
- CWM 184.108.40.206 Recovery
- Internal Storage 2,5 GB
- External SD mounted as NAND (up to 64 GB)
- PhabletUI & Multiuser
- Ethernet & Hotspot Support
- Init.d support
- USB-Hub enabled
- Gamepad (PS2, XBox)
- Kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio, uhid)
- Device spoofed as Nexus 7
- Gameloft compatible
- Latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
- MX Video-Player, Play Music & FX Sound
- Reboot Menu, CPU-Tweaker, Pimp My Rom
- Datamanager HD (Root)
- Nova Launcher
- Sense and TouchWiz Themes
- Boot time takes just 10-15 seconds
Downloads:Kernel.img - Click here.
ROM zip file - Click here.
NAND Fix - Click here.
Disclaimer:By flashing a custom rom, you void your warranty! Always make backups of your data because by installing this rom you are wiping your partition meaning that it deletes everything stored on the tablet. Not following the instructions carefully could lead to you bricking your device. AndroidJunkie and the developers will not be responsible for any damages caused by following this guide. Do it at your own risk!
Installing the firmware:
- Download the ROM zip and kernel file to your computer. Download the NAND Fix zip file to your tablet's sdcard.
- Extract the ROM zip file to your computer
- Inside the ROM folder, you should find the folders Drivers, RKDevelopTool_v1.35, and rockdev.
- Install the drivers if you don't have them. If you're not sure how, take a look at the beginning of this video.
- Now remember the kernel.img which you downloaded? Paste it in the directory rockdev/Image/ and replace when asked.
- Go to RKDevelopTool_v1.35 folder and run the RKAndroidTool.exe as an Administrator if on Win7.
- Power off your tablet, then hold the Volume up button and in the mean time connect your tablet to your PC (do not let go of the button until you have plugged the cable into the port)
- In the RKAndroidTool program, leave all the checkboxes as you see them and click on EraseIDB - be patient, it may take up to a minute
- Once that is done, click on Run. Be patient.
- After it is done, the tablet should reboot into CWM Recovery
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard.
- Flash the NAND Fix zip file you copied earlier, be patient once again.
- Once it is done, go back and choose reboot system now.