A forum member from xda-developers forums called geoworld_200 has extracted the 4.4 launcher files and has uploaded them for download so that the unfortunate people who aren't able to own a Nexus 5 or still haven't received a 4.4 update, can now enjoy the launcher experience.
To get this launcher to work, you need to install 3 files to your phone. geoworld_200 has uploaded these in a zip file which you can download from here.
Please note that for the launcher to function perfectly, you would need to have an Android version of 4.2 and above.
- Download the zip file and extract it, you will get 3 apk files
- Transfer the apk files to your phone
- Now by using your file manager, install the apk files one by one but follow them by the order below
- Order - PrebuiltGmsCore.apk -> Velvet.apk -> GoogleHome.apk
- Once all of the 3 files are installed, press the Home button on your device
- You should see the launcher displayed there, launch it!