Within moments after the xda developers forum staff created the development boards, arco68 posted a method on how to root the I9195 variant.
- arco68 recommends to use this only on the I9195 variant!
- Power off the phone
- Press and hold the home button, power button and volume down button all together.
- You should be in download mode.
- Connect your phone with the USB cable to your computer
- Start the Odin program and be sure that the first thing you do is uncheck the F. Reset Time option in Odin.
- Slick the PDA button and select the "GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5" file and press the Start button.
- Wait for a few settings, the phone should reboot and you should see a green box in Odin saying PASS.
- After the phone has booted up, power it back off and repeat step 2 and 3.
- In the PDA field, this time choose the "recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file and click on the Start button.
- After rebooting, power it back off.
- Press and hold the home button, power button and volume up button all together.
- Phone will enter in recovery, exit the recovery and you should be asked if you want to root the phone.
- Once done, go to the Play Store and download the Superuser app and you're done.