1. Clean your cacheAfter browsing the web, downloading new apps, etc, your device stores some of the files on it's memory. For example, you are web browsing and loading a long page. Your Android device caches most of the page's content so that you can then later on load the page in an incredible speed.
The problem though, is that it takes up internal memory which could get in the way for installing new apps or you will begin to receive annoying notifications that your memory is nearly full. It is advisable that you clean your cache every 2 weeks or every month.
A few weeks ago we posted a guide on how to do this.
2. Uninstall unneeded appsToday's devices have a lot of storage space, but that doesn't mean that you need to stuff your device with as much apps as you can. If you happen to not need an app anymore, simply uninstall it. It will free up storage, it will make it easier for you to search for apps on your drawer since you will have less. Some apps could also be running in the background so who knows, if you don't plan on using an app anymore the best thing to do would be to uninstall it.
3. Delete old messagesIf you enjoy texting, you probably fill your Android device with tons of messages everyday. If you keep it at this rate, imagine the tremendous amount of messages you will create on your device. If the messages are without a value for you, you might aswell ocassionaly delete them.
4. Clean off the junk left-over by old appsEven if you uninstall an app, there is a possibility it may leave some traces on your memory card such as folders starting with a dot "." or just logs folders and such. This makes your memory card mess and even if it may not take up much space, it still makes it harder for you to look for your things when you are browsing through the folders. You can carefully observe the folders and files names and delete what is useless.
5. The last resortIf for some reason your device is still acting weird and unresponsive, your last resort would be to do a factory reset and wipe everything to start off fresh. This is proven to completely solve any slow-down problems you have on your device.
So here are 4 tips on how to maintain your Android device to keep it stable. It is also worth mentioning that the Play Store offers tons of useful apps that have all of these options integrated into one. An example of such apps is Android Assistant: